Thursday, 19 May 2016

Buy Moovit

On of the best acquisitions by Google ever: Waze. Navigating on your mobile socially. Every time I get in the car, even if I know exactly how to drive, I turn on Waze. Because info other drivers might tell me to take another route. And my info will tell other drivers what route to take. Brilliant, I wish more people would use it.

With Maps and Waze, Google offers great solutions for getting to your desination by car, riding your bike and on foot. But public transportation is a bit left behind. Sure, you can ask Google Maps for train and bus possibilities, but they are far from ideal. And live congestion updates like Waze offers are not there yet. But there is an app that tries to do all that: Moovit.

What Waze offers to car drivers, Moovit tries to offer to commuters on public transport. The two companies are actually already linked. Can you imagine what Maps, Waze and Moovit combined could offer the world? I picture a future where these three are no longer separate apps. Instead you click on an icon of your means of transportation by choice on your mobile (or other) device and it will tell you the fasted, shortest or most scenic route to your destination. So Google, buy Moovit!

No comments:

Post a Comment